On this one I used alcohol inks, gesso, gold flakes, Lumiere paint, a German scrap border and an image from Artchix.
On the other side I painted the background with Lumiere paint and gold ink then used my own drawing of Venus as a gel transfer (instructions below!) I added a few extra lines with a permanent pen. The letters are from a Tim Holtz Distressables sheet.
Finally I coated both sides with Liquitex Gloss Medium and Varnish.
I really hope you'll join in and have a go at this......and of course you'll have an attractive paperweight at the end of it!!
1. Print a copy of your chosen picture (I used a smaller version of my Venus sketch ). Cut around it (just roughly).
2. Paint a layer of gel medium onto the stone and place the picture on it face down.
3. Press hard and burnish with the back of a spoon or bone folder.
4. Let it dry for a few hours.
5. Wet the paper thouroughly and start to rub it away very gently. The image should remain on the stone when all the paper has gone.
It won't be perfect - but that can look good!