Friday 19 December 2008

CHRISTMAS RECYCLING CHALLENGE!



This next challenge will also run for 2 weeks - we figure you might have one or two other things to keep you busy??

In this season of much goodwill and even more RUBBISH (all that wrapping paper and packaging etc) we challenge you to keep your eye out for packaging you can recycle into art! For example my silver topped wooden box was a Christmas gift from last year - it had a "Hotel Chocolat" logo right across the lid. Now this is safely covered up and the unfinished wood has several coats of varnish.

The other piece you've seen before as part of our "make a house" challenge, but it was also recycled from last Christmas - it's built on a gift box base which contained my new watch! This is an item that would definitely have been thrown away without a squirrel like me in the house ...

So keep your eyes open for packaging you can use, and you have until 2nd January to transform it into something else!! Looking forward to seeing what you can find .....

8 comments:

Karen said...

What a fab challenge Rosie & thanks for the extra time!!! Love the box, its soooo elegant X

Talking Horses Arts said...

What a great ideas! Will not be able to participate in this challenge due to some personal reasons. But the next one after the Holidays.....
Love this blog and thanks for sharing, you guys are AWESOME!
Andrea.

Sharon said...

Hi everyone....
Hope you all have a wonderful Christmas and all the best for 2009

I will be back on the weekly challenges very soon.......
Just can't do it at the moment....
Thanks Rosie and Linda for the wonderfull challenges you have done for us all.

Sharon xx

Lynn Cohen said...

What a wonderful inspiring and interesting blog. I have joined as a follower. One cannot have too much inspiration!!! Thanks too for coming to my blog today and leaving a lovely comment.

Jaqi said...

Ooh glad I stopped by tonight before all that packaging goes in the bin tomorrow, I will be looking through everything to see what i can re model hehehe. Have a great Christmas , Jaqi x

Mummukka said...

Very interesting challenge.

jenclair said...

Thanks for stopping by (and leaving a comment on!) my blog. I love the idea of the challenges you are offering here...inspirational and fun. I also enjoyed visiting your other blogs and will be back later when I have more time!

Corryna said...

You make such great things! I wasn't visiting your blog, but now I will come back :-).

A happy new year!